Dr. Fatih Mehmet GUL, CSR Middle East Founder and Executive Director, was honored with the “Outstanding Contribution for CSR Practices in GCC Countries Award” at World CSR Congress and Awards 2013 held in Mumbai, India.
The World CSR Congress brings over 130 countries under one roof to unite the best of the best and celebrate leadership in building a better society and making a better world. The Theme for the Congress was “Possible to Do Well by Doing Good”.
Upon receiving the award, Dr. Gul stated: “It’s most humbling to be awarded in this manner and I thank Dr R.L. Bhatia and the CSR Congress for such an honor. There is so much that needs to be achieved in order for the regional and global business in making a responsible business.”
CSR Middle East is a professional non-profit platform, regional source and the network for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Sustainability in the Middle East. CSR Middle East promotes CSR based upon the sharing of CSR updates, solutions and shaping the modern day business. CSR Middle East has currently more than 1400 corporate registered members. 70 % of the members are from the Middle East region and remaining 30 % of the members are from the other parts of the world. 40 % of the members are CSR Directors & Managers at the regional companies, 25 % are the CSR consultants, trainers and specialists. The remaining members are the executives at the regional companies.